America’s National Wilderness Preservation System is the envy of the world. The more than 111 million acres of Wilderness represent the wildest, most pristine, and spectacular landscapes remaining across the U.S. Yet the ever-present pressure of growing populations, increasing mechanization, and expanding development ensures that nothing wild is safe or secure unless citizens are willing and able to push back. Wilderness Watch is the only national organization dedicated to protecting the integrity and wildness of our nation’s Wilderness System. And we need your help!
Your generous gift during GivingTuesday supports Wilderness Watch:
- putting Idaho and Montana on notice that we intend to sue them for their draconian wolf hunting and trapping laws that seek to exterminate 90 percent of the wolves in those states, and that also threaten rare Canada lynx and grizzly bears.
- stopping a road from bisecting the heart of the wildlife-rich Izembek Wilderness.
- fighting a proposal to burn thousands of acres of native vegetation and plant nursery-raised trees in the Mission Mountains Wilderness.
- working to put an end to excessive motorized commercial towboat use deep in the heart of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
- advancing our national campaign with the administration, Congress, and the courts to reform livestock grazing in Wilderness…and so much more!
Wilderness Watch is also leading the fight to keep bulldozers, chainsaws, ATVs, mountain bikes, herbicides, and other destructive and intrusive activities out of Wilderness.
Please help us reach our goal of raising $30,000 on GivingTuesday to defend Wilderness. All first-time donations will be matched up to $10,000 by wilderness advocate Bob J. Weggel.
We couldn’t do this important work without you!
George, Dana, Kevin, Dawn, and Brett