We have some great news: The Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act (NREPA) has been reintroduced in the U.S. Senate and U.S. House and now we could really use your help to help make this visionary Wilderness bill a reality!
NREPA is a science-based bill that would designate 23 million-acres of Wilderness for some of America's most beautiful, wild and ecologically important public lands in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Oregon and Washington.
The U.S. Northern Rockies are surely near the top of the list of the world’s most spectacular landscapes. Its ranges contain one of the last great expanses of biodiversity left in the contiguous United States, including most of the native wildlife species like grizzly bears, wolves, bull trout, wolverines and bison.
NREPA is also wilderness legislation as it should be – with no special provisions that chip away at the Wilderness Act or weaken the protections Wilderness needs.
In addition to designating 23 million acres of Wilderness, NREPA specifically:
• Designates a system of vital biological corridors connecting smaller ecosystems within the Northern Rockies, ensuring the continued existence of native plants and animals and mitigating the effects of climate change;
• Expands and provides greater protection for many existing Wilderness areas in the Northern Rockies by protecting their surrounding wildlands and their wild rivers;
• Establishes a number of wildland "recovery areas" that will provide jobs undoing damage caused by past destructive logging and roadbuilding;
• Designates 1,800-miles of rivers and streams as Wild and Scenic;
• Saves taxpayers $245 million over a 10-year period by eliminating subsidized logging and road-building in roadless areas that would be designated as Wilderness.
You can help make this visionary Wilderness bill a reality by encouraging your members of Congress to co-sponsor and support the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act!
There are no officials for you to contact on Twitter.
Sorry, we're not targeting any representatives in your district. But, you can still help!
Please visit www.WildernessWatch.org to see what other actions you can take!
To make an even bigger impact, donate to Wilderness Watch: credit card | PayPal
Also, make sure to follow us:
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
You can also help spread the word on social media by clicking on the buttons below.