Stand up for Wilderness, Public Lands and Wildlife!
You don’t need us to tell you America’s wildest public lands and most endangered wildlife face a tenuous future with a virulently anti-wilderness Congress backed by the Trump Administration. It’s not an exaggeration to say in the next two years the Wilderness Act itself and America’s public lands legacy will literally be on the line.
As part of our online community you play a crucial role in protecting America’s timeless wilderness heritage.
That’s why we are asking you to TAKE ACTION right away and let the new 115th session of Congress know that you expect them to stand up and protect America’s wilderness, public lands and wildlife.
Specifically, please let your senators and representative know that you strongly oppose:
• Any version of a "Sportsmen" Bill that weakens the Wilderness Act by allowing temporary road construction, water developments, or any kind of habitat manipulation or modification in Wildernesses by state or federal agencies;
• Efforts to weaken the Wilderness Act to allow mountain bikes or other mechanical transport in Wilderness;
• Attempts to overturn new regulations adopted by the USFWS and NPS that help protect bears, wolves, coyotes and wolverines in national wildlife refuges, national parks and preserves in Alaska;
• A bill that would force a land exchange to build a 10-mile road for King Cove through the heart of the Izembek Wilderness in Alaska;
• All legislation that would sell off or transfer America’s federal public lands.
Wilderness Watch and supporters like you have often been the last line of defense standing between America's National Wilderness Preservation System and those who would harm it.
Together, with your help, we’ll continue fighting anti-wilderness and wildlife-destroying proposals in Congress, in order to defend the Wilderness and public lands we all love.
Thank you for taking action!
Thank you for taking action to protect and defend America's Wilderness, wildlife and public lands legacy!
Want to do even more for Wilderness?
Donate now to support Wilderness Watch's work to protect and defend America's Wilderness heritage.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page. You can also help spread the word on social media by clicking the buttons below.
Thanks again...Together we will keep America's Wilderness wild!