Stand up for Wilderness, Public Lands and Wildlife!
You don’t need us to tell you America’s wildest public lands and most endangered wildlife face a tenuous future with a virulently anti-wilderness Congress backed by the Trump Administration. It’s not an exaggeration to say in the next few years the Wilderness Act itself and America’s public lands legacy will literally be on the line.
As part of our online community you play a crucial role in protecting America’s timeless wilderness heritage.
That’s why we are asking you to TAKE ACTION right away and let Congress know that you expect them to stand up and protect America’s wilderness, public lands and wildlife.
Specifically, please let your senators and representative know that you strongly oppose:
• Any version of a "Sportsmen" Bill that weakens the Wilderness Act by allowing temporary road construction, water developments, or any kind of habitat manipulation or modification in Wildernesses by state or federal agencies;
• Efforts to weaken the Wilderness Act to allow mountain bikes or other mechanical transport in Wilderness;
• Any border bill (such as H.R. 3548 and H.R. 3593) that would wave or directly amend the Wilderness Act or other bedrock environmental laws;
• All legislation that would sell off or transfer America’s federal public lands.
• The "Emery County Public Land Management Act of 2018" (S. 2809 and H.R. 5727), which would significantly compromise America's public lands and Wilderness legacy in southeastern Utah.
• H.R. 6784, which would remove federal Endangered Species Act protections for gray wolves in Wyoming and the Western Great Lakes, which would be a crippling blow against the continued recovery of gray wolves.
Wilderness Watch and supporters like you have often been the last line of defense standing between America's National Wilderness Preservation System and those who would harm it.
Together, with your help, we’ll continue fighting anti-wilderness and wildlife-destroying proposals in Congress, in order to defend the Wilderness and public lands we all love.
Thank you for taking action!
Tell Congress to Stand up for America's Wilderness, Public Lands and Wildlife Legacy!
Thank you for taking action to protect and defend America's Wilderness, wildlife and public lands legacy!
Want to do even more for Wilderness?
Donate now to support Wilderness Watch's work to protect and defend America's Wilderness heritage.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page. You can also help spread the word on social media by clicking the buttons below.
Thanks again...Together we will keep America's Wilderness wild!